Don’t Leave Home Without These Essentials In Your Car | Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano and Hollywood
While it is impossible to be perfectly prepared for any situation, it does help to try being prepared because you never know what life will throw at you next.
Here’s a list of essentials to keep in your car so that you can take whatever comes your way.
Car Repair And Roadside Emergencies
- Tire changing supplies – This isn’t a single thing, this is a collection of objects including a spare tire, tire iron, lug wrench, tire jack and some WD-40.
- Jumper cables – It’s better to have your own set of jumper cables rather than hope that someone will happen to have a pair you can use.
- Owner’s manual – Keep it in your glove compartment because it will prove invaluable if you need help with anything related to your car.
- Duct tape – If you are in the middle of nowhere without the right tools for the job, duct tape can be used as a temporary quick fix sometimes.
- Work gloves – These will protect your hands while you are wrestling with any lug-nuts, tire irons, and hot engine parts.
Health And Survival
Sometimes depending on where you live or if you are venturing out Ft. Lauderdale or Florida on a road trip or work trip it’s always a good idea to get your vehicle for a multi-point inspection to make sure tires, oil, fluids, brakes, etc are in working conditions and ready for a road trip. We suggest the below are good items to always carry on your vehicle just in case.
- First aid kit – Get a basic first aid kit. You never know when you might have a need of it.
- Water bottles & Emergency food – It’s always a good idea to keep some non-perishable, melt-proof and calorie dense food in your car. It’s water & food, it’s never a bad idea to keep around in case you breakdown in the middle of nowhere.
- Printed maps – You cannot rely on your GPS or Google maps when you’re in the wilderness. Invest in some maps today if you plan on adventures outside of Pompano, Ft. Lauderdale, FL areas.